- A reimagining of George Orwell's Animal Farm
- Where is AI going and where is it taking us?
- In partnership with Janette Hughes (UOIT), we have created a short graphic story (with artist Anthony Smerek) and a coding app (with Western Comp.Sci. grad student Chris Yiu)
- We have tested the story in classrooms
- Funded by ORF Research Excellence and Western's WorlDiscoveries
- see more at https://mathsurprise.ca/coding-stories/
Working on Civilization
How can we model civilization?
- civilizations grow
- what is the logic or limit to their growth?
We have developed an app to simulate "sustainable growth" and are also working on a story on this theme. In partnership with Janette Hughes (UOIT) and programmer Chris Yiu (Western).
- see more at eduapps.ca/civilization
Working on KNAER Math Knowledge Network
- See the work of our 4 Communities of Practice at mathnetwork.ca
- Computational thinking
- Critical transitions
- Indigenous knowledge
- Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Education