I spend a lot of time in classrooms, collaborating with teachers to design cool ways of engaging young children with big math ideas. My work is in mathematics + technology + the arts.
I am currently collaborating with Marcelo Borba (UNESP, Brazil), Chantal Buteau (Brock), Janette Hughes (UOIT), Immaculate Namukasa (UWO), Donna Kotsopoulos (WLU), and Ricardo Scucuglia (UNESP, Brazil).
RECENT GRADUATE STUDENTS
- Li, Li (PhD in progress)
- Lisa Floyd (PhD in progress)
- Steve Floyd (PhD in progress)
- Erin Clements (PhD 2020)
- Rosa Cendros Araujo (PhD 2019)
- Maryam Koozehkanani (MA 2019)
- 2017 (co-PI) ORF Research Excellence Grant on There’s an App for That ($1,175,000)
- 2016 (co-director) KNAER Mathematics Knowledge Network ($1,294,000 million)
- 2016 SSHRC Partnership Development Grant on Computational Thinking in Mathematics Education ($199,000)
- 2016 SSHRC Insight Grant on Aesthetic Experiences for Young Mathematicians & their Teachers ($168,000)
- 2016 Edward G. Pleva Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2014-2017 Teaching Fellowship with Western’s Teaching Support Centre