The Wonder of Math is an online outreach and research program, offering tutoring and enrichment.
The program is designed by George Gadanidis based on over 20 years of classroom-based research.
Initially, we will work with grades 8-9 students in one Ontario school district.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
We start with:
- “What do you need help with?”
- “What are you curious about?”
We design learning experiences that offer:
- a low floor (minimal prerequisite knowledge)
- a high ceiling (varied representations and more complex relationships)
- computer programming (where appropriate)
- mathematical surprise
- conceptual insight
- a love of mathematics
- work in 1:1 with a tutor
- and in small group settings
- and learn to share their learning at home
- we also offer sessions for parents, in small groups